- ATP + L-glutamate ADP + L-glutamate 5-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a carboxy group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:L-glutamate 5-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include ATP-L-glutamate 5-phosphotransferase, ATP:gamma-L-glutamate phosphotransferase, gamma-glutamate kinase, gamma-glutamyl kinase, and glutamate kinase. This enzyme participates in urea cycle and metabolism of amino groups.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Baich A (1969). "Proline synthesis in Escherichia coli. A proline-inhibitable glutamic acid kinase". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 192: 462&ndash, 7. PMID 4904678.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 54596-30-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|