- ATP + D-glucuronate ADP + 1-phospho-alpha-D-glucuronate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:D-glucuronate 1-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include glucuronokinase (phosphorylating), and glucurono-glucuronokinase. This enzyme participates in pentose and glucuronate interconversions and ascorbate and aldarate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Neufeld EF, Feingold DS and Hassid WZ (1959). "Enzymic phosphorylation of D-glucuronic acid by extracts from seedlings of Phaseolus aureus". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 83: 96&ndash, 100.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-62-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|