- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + a galactosylceramide adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + a galactosylceramidesulfate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfotransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:galactosylceramide 3'-sulfotransferase. Other names in common use include GSase, 3'-phosphoadenosine-5'-phosphosulfate-cerebroside sulfotransferase, galactocerebroside sulfotransferase, galactolipid sulfotransferase, glycolipid sulfotransferase, and glycosphingolipid sulfotransferase. This enzyme participates in sphingolipid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- McKhann GM, Levy R, Ho W (1965). "Metabolism of sulfatides. I. The effect of galactocerebrosides on the synthesis of sulfatides". Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 20: 109&ndash, 13. PMID 5850675.
- Sakakibara N, Gasa S, Kamio K, Makita A, Koyanagi T (1989). "Association of elevated sulfatides and sulfotransferase activities with human renal cell carcinoma". Cancer. Res. 49: 335&ndash, 9. PMID 2562926.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9081-06-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|