Flintstones Chewable Vitamins
The vitamins are one of the most successful Flintstones products. They were released with the TV show and advertised along with the show. This practice created an ethics controversy as to whether it was right to advertise vitamins along with a children's TV show. The advertisements were discontinued in 1972 because of this controversy. Some advertisements have been under heavy rotation without being related to the Flintstones. Their jingle of "Ten thousand strong and growing!" (composed by Martin O'Donnell) has reached mild fame through the heavy circulation of advertisements.
The pills can be found on the internet and in local stores.
Flintstones Chewable Vitamins are currently available in seven variations:
- Flintstones Plus Iron (introduced 1969)
- Flintstones Plus Extra C (introduced 1980)
- Flintstones Complete (introduced 1982)
- Flintstones Plus Calcium (introduced 1993)
- Flintstones Gummies and Flintstones Sour Gummies (introduced 2005)
- My First Flintstones
Notes and references