- acetyl-CoA + n malonyl-CoA + 2n NADH + 2n NADPH + 4n H+ long-chain-acyl-CoA + n CoA + n CO2 + 2n NAD+ + 2n NADP+
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acyl-CoA:malonyl-CoA C-acyltransferase (decarboxylating, oxoacyl- and enoyl- reducing). This enzyme is also called yeast fatty acid synthase. This enzyme participates in fatty acid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Schweizer E, Kniep B, Castorph H, Holzner U (1973). "Pantetheine-free mutants of the yeast fatty-acid-synthetase complex". Eur. J. Biochem. 39: 353&ndash, 62. PMID 4590449.
- Wakil SJ, Stoops JK, Joshi VC (1983). "Fatty acid synthesis and its regulation". Annu. Rev. Biochem. 52: 537&ndash, 79. PMID 6137188.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9045-77-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|