- acetyl-CoA + n malonyl-CoA + 2n NADPH + 2n H+ a long-chain fatty acid + (n+1) CoA + n CO2 + 2n NADP+
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acyl-CoA:malonyl-CoA C-acyltransferase (decarboxylating, oxoacyl- and enoyl-reducing and thioester-hydrolysing). This enzyme is also called yeast fatty acid synthase. This enzyme participates in fatty acid biosynthesis and insulin signaling pathway.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Stoops JK, Ross P, Arslanian MJ, Aune KC, Wakil SJ, Oliver RM (1979). "Physicochemical studies of the rat liver and adipose fatty acid synthetases". J. Biol. Chem. 254: 7418&ndash, 26. PMID 457689.
- Wakil SJ, Stoops JK, Joshi VC (1983). "Fatty acid synthesis and its regulation". Annu. Rev. Biochem. 52: 537&ndash, 79. PMID 6137188.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9045-77-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|