- ATP + farnesyl diphosphate ADP + farnesyl triphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a phosphate group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:farnesyl-diphosphate phosphotransferase. This enzyme is also called farnesyl pyrophosphate kinase.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Shechter I (1974). "Phosphate transfer from trans-farnesyl triphosphate to AMP in Gibberella fujikuroi". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 362: 233&ndash, 44. PMID 4423368.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 50936-43-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|