- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + estrone adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + estrone 3-sulfate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfotransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:estrone 3-sulfotransferase. Other names in common use include 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate-estrone 3-sulfotransferase, estrogen sulfotransferase, estrogen sulphotransferase, oestrogen sulphotransferase, and 3'-phosphoadenylylsulfate:oestrone sulfotransferase. This enzyme participates in androgen and estrogen metabolism and sulfur metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Adams JB, Poulos A (1967). "Enzymic synthesis of steroid sulphates. 3. Isolation and properties of estrogen sulphotransferase of bovine adrenal glands". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 146: 493&ndash, 508. PMID 4965224.
- Rozhin J, Zemlicka J and Brooks SC (1967). "Studies on bovine adrenal estrogen sulfotransferase. Inhibition and possible involvement of adenine-estrogen stacking". J. Biol. Chem. 252: 7214&ndash, 7220.
- Adams JB, Ellyard RK, Low J (1974). "Enzymic synthesis of steroid sulphates. IX. Physical and chemical properties of purified oestrogen sulphotransferase from bovine adrenal glands, the nature of its isoenzymic forms and a proposed model to explain its wave-like kinetics". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 370: 160&ndash, 88. PMID 4473218.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-06-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|