- ATP + 1D-myo-inositol 5-diphosphate pentakisphosphate ADP + 1D-myo-inositol bisdiphosphate tetrakisphosphate (isomeric configuration unknown)
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are ATP and 1D-myo-inositol 5-diphosphate pentakisphosphate, whereas its 3 products are ADP, 1D-myo-inositol bisdiphosphate tetrakisphosphate (isomeric, and configuration unknown).
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a phosphate group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:1D-myo-inositol-5-diphosphate-pentakisphosphate phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include PP-IP5 kinase, diphosphoinositol pentakisphosphate kinase, and ATP:5-diphospho-1D-myo-inositol-pentakisphosphate phosphotransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Shears SB, Ali N, Craxton A, Bembenek ME (1995). "Synthesis and metabolism of bis-diphosphoinositol tetrakisphosphate in vitro and in vivo". J. Biol. Chem. 270: 10489&ndash, 97. PMID 7737983.
- Brocker M, Shears SB, Mayr GW (Pt 2). "Biological variability in the structures of diphosphoinositol polyphosphates in Dictyostelium discoideum and mammalian cells". Biochem. J. 327: 553&ndash, 60. PMID 9359429. Check date values in:
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|