- cyclobutadipyrimidine (in DNA) 2 pyrimidine residues (in DNA)
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically in the "catch-all" class of carbon-carbon lyases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is deoxyribocyclobutadipyrimidine pyrimidine-lyase. Other names in common use include photoreactivating enzyme, DNA photolyase, DNA-photoreactivating enzyme, DNA cyclobutane dipyrimidine photolyase, DNA photolyase, deoxyribonucleic photolyase, deoxyribodipyrimidine photolyase, photolyase, PRE, PhrB photolyase, deoxyribonucleic cyclobutane dipyrimidine photolyase, phr A photolyase, dipyrimidine photolyase (photosensitive), and deoxyribonucleate pyrimidine dimer lyase (photosensitive). It has 2 cofactors: FAD, and 5,10-Methenyltetrahydrofolate.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Eker AP, Fichtinger-Schepman AM (1975). "Studies on a DNA photoreactivating enzyme from Streptomyces griseus II. Purification of the enzyme". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 378: 54&ndash, 63. PMID 804322.
- Sancar GB, Smith FW, Reid R, Payne G, Levy M, Sancar A (1987). "Action mechanism of Escherichia coli DNA photolyase. I. Formation of the enzyme-substrate complex". J. Biol. Chem. 262: 478&ndash, 85. PMID 3539939.
- Setlow JK, Bollum FJ (1968). "The minimum size of the substrate for yeast photoreactivating enzyme". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 157: 233&ndash, 7. PMID 5649902.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37290-70-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 4.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|