- 3-dehydro-L-gulonate L-xylulose + CO2
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the carboxy-lyases, which cleave carbon-carbon bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3-dehydro-L-gulonate carboxy-lyase (L-xylulose-forming). Other names in common use include keto-L-gulonate decarboxylase, 3-keto-L-gulonate decarboxylase, and 3-dehydro-L-gulonate carboxy-lyase. This enzyme participates in pentose and glucuronate interconversions.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Smiley JD and Ashwell G (1961). "Purification and properties of beta-L-hydroxy acid dehydrogenase II. Isolation of beta-keto-L-gluconic acid, an intermediate in L-xylulose biosynthesis". J. Biol. Chem. 236: 357&ndash, 364.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9024-67-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 4.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|