- ATP + dTMP ADP + dTDP
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a phosphate group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:dTMP phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include thymidine monophosphate kinase, thymidylate kinase, thymidylate monophosphate kinase, thymidylic acid kinase, thymidylic kinase, deoxythymidine 5'-monophosphate kinase, TMPK, and thymidine 5'-monophosphate kinase. This enzyme participates in pyrimidine metabolism.
As of late 2007, 40 structures have been solved for this class of enzymes, with PDB accession codes 1E2D, 1E2E, 1E2F, 1E2G, 1E2Q, 1E98, 1E99, 1E9A, 1E9B, 1E9C, 1E9D, 1E9E, 1E9F, 1G3U, 1GSI, 1GTV, 1MRN, 1MRS, 1N5I, 1N5J, 1N5K, 1N5L, 1NMX, 1NMY, 1NMZ, 1NN0, 1NN1, 1NN3, 1NN5, 1TMK, 1W2G, 1W2H, 2CCG, 2CCJ, 2CCK, 2PBR, 2TMK, 3TMK, 4TMK, and 5TMP.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Hurwitz J (1959). "The enzymatic incorporation of ribonucleotides into polydeoxynucleotide material". J. Biol. Chem. 234: 2351&ndash, 2358.
- Kielley RK (1970). "Purification and properties of thymidine monophosphate kinase from mouse hepatoma". J. Biol. Chem. 245: 4204&ndash, 12. PMID 4323166.
- Nelson DJ, Carter CE (1969). "Purification and characterization of Thymidine 5-monophosphate kinase from Escherichia coli B". J. Biol. Chem. 244: 5254&ndash, 62. PMID 4899016.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9014-43-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|