- ATP + (d)CMP ADP + (d)CDP
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a phosphate group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:CMP phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include deoxycytidylate kinase, deoxycytidylate kinase, CMP kinase, CTP:CMP phosphotransferase, dCMP kinase, deoxycytidine monophosphokinase, UMP-CMP kinase, ATP:UMP-CMP phosphotransferase, and pyrimidine nucleoside monophosphate kinase. This enzyme participates in pyrimidine metabolism.
As of late 2007, 17 structures have been solved for this class of enzymes, with PDB accession codes 1CKE, 1KDO, 1KDP, 1KDR, 1KDT, 1Q3T, 1QF9, 1TEV, 1UKE, 2CMK, 2FEM, 2FEO, 2H92, 2UKD, 3UKD, 4UKD, and 5UKD.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Hurwitz J (1959). "The enzymatic incorporation of ribonucleotides into polydeoxynucleotide material". J. Biol. Chem. 234: 2351&ndash, 2358.
- Boyer, P.D., Lardy, H. and Myrback, K. (Eds.), The Enzymes, 2nd ed., vol. 6, Academic Press, New York, 1962, p. 139-149.
- Ruffner BW Jr, Anderson EP (1969). "Adenosine triphosphate: uridine monophosphate-cytidine monophosphate phosphotransferase from Tetrahymena pyriformis". J. Biol. Chem. 244: 5994&ndash, 6002. PMID 5350952.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37278-21-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|