- S-(4-bromophenyl)-L-cysteine + 2-oxoglutarate S-(4-bromophenyl)mercaptopyruvate + L-glutamate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-(4-bromophenyl)-L-cysteine:2-oxoglutarate aminotransferase. Other names in common use include cysteine conjugate aminotransferase, and cysteine-conjugate alpha-ketoglutarate transaminase (CAT-1).
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Tateishi M (1988). "Purification and characterization of cysteine conjugate transaminases from rat liver". Xenobiotica. 18: 1015&ndash, 28. PMID 2852419.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 117698-05-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|