- (3R)-3-hydroxybutanoyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] but-2-enoyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] + H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the hydro-lyases, which cleave carbon-oxygen bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (3R)-3-hydroxybutanoyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] hydro-lyase (but-2-enoyl-[acyl-carrier protein]-forming). Other names in common use include (3R)-3-hydroxybutanoyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] hydro-lyase, beta-hydroxybutyryl acyl carrier protein dehydrase, beta-hydroxybutyryl acyl carrier protein (ACP) dehydrase, beta-hydroxybutyryl acyl carrier protein dehydrase, enoyl acyl carrier protein hydrase, crotonyl acyl carrier protein hydratase, 3-hydroxybutyryl acyl carrier protein dehydratase, beta-hydroxybutyryl acyl carrier, and protein dehydrase. This enzyme participates in fatty acid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- MAJERUS PW, ALBERTS AW, VAGELOS PR (1965). "ACYL CARRIER PROTEIN. 3. AN ENOYL HYDRASE SPECIFIC FOR ACYL CARRIER PROTEIN THIOESTERS". J. Biol. Chem. 240: 618&ndash, 21. PMID 14275113.
- Mizugaki M, Weeks G, Toomey RE, Wakil SJ (1968). "Studies on the mechanism of fatty acid synthesis. XX. Preparation and general properties of beta-hydroxybutyryl acyl carrier protein dehydrase". J. Biol. Chem. 243: 3661&ndash, 70. PMID 5658542.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9030-78-8.