- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + cortisol adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + cortisol 21-sulfate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfotransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:cortisol 21-sulfotransferase. Other names in common use include glucocorticosteroid sulfotransferase, and glucocorticoid sulfotransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Singer SS, Brill B (1982). "Enzymatic sulfation of steroids. XVII. The properties of the glucocorticoid sulfotransferase activity of guinea pig liver cytosol". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 712: 590&ndash, 6. PMID 6957246.
- Singer SS, Giera D, Johnson J, Sylvester S (1976). "Enzymatic sulfation of steroids: I. The enzymatic basis for the sex difference in cortisol sulfation by rat liver preparations". Endocrinology. 98: 963&ndash, 74. PMID 1278101.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 71427-08-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|