- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + columbamine S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + palmatine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:columbamine O-methyltransferase. This enzyme participates in alkaloid biosynthesis i.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Rueffer M, Amann M, Zenk MH (1986). "S-Adenosyl-L-methionine:columbamine O-methyltransferase, a compartmentalized enzyme in protoberberine biosynthesis". Plant Cell Reports. 3: 182&ndash, 185.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 105843-76-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|