- CDP-ribitol + (ribitol phosphate)n CMP + (ribitol phosphate)n+1
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring non-standard substituted phosphate groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is CDP-ribitol:poly(ribitol phosphate) ribitolphosphotransferase. Other names in common use include teichoic-acid synthase, polyribitol phosphate synthetase, teichoate synthetase, poly(ribitol phosphate) synthetase, polyribitol phosphate polymerase, and teichoate synthase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Ishimoto N, Strominger JL (1966). "Polyribitol phosphate synthetase of Staphylococcus aureus". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 639&ndash, 50. PMID 5908130.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9076-71-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|