Bile acid-CoA:amino acid N-acyltransferase
- choloyl-CoA + glycine CoA + glycocholate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is choloyl-CoA:glycine N-choloyltransferase. Other names in common use include glycine-taurine N-acyltransferase, amino acid N-choloyltransferase, BAT, glycine N-choloyltransferase, BACAT, cholyl-CoA glycine-taurine N-acyltransferase, and cholyl-CoA:taurine N-acyltransferase. This enzyme participates in bile acid biosynthesis and taurine and hypotaurine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Czuba B, Vessey DA (1980). "Kinetic characterization of cholyl-CoA glycine-taurine N-acyltransferase from bovine liver". J. Biol. Chem. 255: 5296&ndash, 9. PMID 7372637.
- Jordan TW, Lee R and Lim WC (1980). "Isoelectric focussing of soluble and particulate benzoyl-CoA and cholyl-CoA:amino acid N-acyltransferases from rat liver". Biochem. Int. 1: 325&ndash, 330.
- Vessey DA (1979). "The co-purification and common identity of cholyl CoA:glycine- and cholyl CoA:taurine-N-acyltransferase activities from bovine liver". J. Biol. Chem. 254: 2059&ndash, 63. PMID 422567.
- Johnson MR, Barnes S, Kwakye JB, Diasio RB (1991). "Purification and characterization of bile acid-CoA:amino acid N-acyltransferase from human liver". J. Biol. Chem. 266: 10227&ndash, 33. PMID 2037576.
- Falany CN, Xie X, Wheeler JB, Wang J, Smith M, He D, Barnes S (2002). "Molecular cloning and expression of rat liver bile acid CoA ligase". J. Lipid. Res. 43: 2062&ndash, 71. PMID 12454267.
- He D, Barnes S, Falany CN (2003). "Rat liver bile acid CoA:amino acid N-acyltransferase: expression, characterization, and peroxisomal localization". J. Lipid. Res. 44: 2242&ndash, 9. PMID 12951368.
- O'Byrne J, Hunt MC, Rai DK, Saeki M, Alexson SE (2003). "The human bile acid-CoA:amino acid N-acyltransferase functions in the conjugation of fatty acids to glycine". J. Biol. Chem. 278: 34237&ndash, 44. PMID 12810727.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 74506-32-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|