Aspartate-ammonia ligase (ADP-forming)
- ATP + L-aspartate + NH3 ADP + phosphate + L-asparagine
This enzyme belongs to the family of ligases, specifically those forming carbon-nitrogen bonds as acid-D-ammonia (or amine) ligases (amide synthases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-aspartate:ammonia ligase (ADP-forming). Other names in common use include asparagine synthetase (ADP-forming), and asparagine synthetase (adenosine diphosphate-forming). This enzyme participates in nitrogen metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Nair PM (1969). "Asparagine synthetase from gamma-irradiated potatoes". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 133: 208&ndash, 15. PMID 5820987.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37318-61-9.