- ATP + L-asparagine + tRNAAsn AMP + diphosphate + L-asparaginyl-tRNAAsn
This enzyme belongs to the family of ligases, specifically those forming carbon-oxygen bonds in aminoacyl-tRNA and related compounds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-asparagine:tRNAAsn ligase (AMP-forming). Other names in common use include asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase, asparaginyl-transfer ribonucleate synthetase, asparaginyl transfer RNA synthetase, asparaginyl transfer ribonucleic acid synthetase, asparagyl-transfer RNA synthetase, and asparagine translase. This enzyme participates in alanine and aspartate metabolism and aminoacyl-trna biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Davies MR, Marshall RD (1972). "Partial purification of L-asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase from rabbit liver". Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 47: 1386&ndash, 95. PMID 5040239.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37211-76-0.