- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + a phenol adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + an aryl sulfate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfotransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:phenol sulfotransferase. Other names in common use include phenol sulfotransferase, sulfokinase, 1-naphthol phenol sulfotransferase, 2-naphtholsulfotransferase, 4-nitrocatechol sulfokinase, arylsulfotransferase, dopamine sulfotransferase, p-nitrophenol sulfotransferase, phenol sulfokinase, ritodrine sulfotransferase, and PST. This enzyme participates in sulfur metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Romain Y, Demassieux S, Carriere S (1982). "Partial purification and characterization of two isoenzymes involved in the sulfurylation of catecholamines". Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 106: 999&ndash, 1005. PMID 6956338.
- Sekura RD, Jakoby WB (1979). "Phenol sulfotransferases". J. Biol. Chem. 254: 5658&ndash, 63. PMID 447677.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-09-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|