- ATP + L-arginine ADP + Nomega-phospho-L-arginine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with a nitrogenous group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:L-arginine Nomega-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include arginine phosphokinase, adenosine 5'-triphosphate: L-arginine phosphotransferase, adenosine 5'-triphosphate-arginine phosphotransferase, ATP:L-arginine N-phosphotransferasel ATP:L-arginine, and omega-N-phosphotransferase. This enzyme participates in arginine and proline metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- ELODI P, SZORENYI E (1956). "Properties of crystalline arginine-phosphoferase isolated from Crustacean muscle". Acta. Physiol. Hung. 9: 367&ndash, 79. PMID 13339436.
- MORRISON JF, GRIFFITHS DE, ENNOR AH (1957). "The purification and properties of arginine phosphokinase". Biochem. J. 65: 143&ndash, 53. PMID 13403885.
- Z (2006). "[In vitro fertilization at our department. A decade's work in figures and facts (1994-2003)]". Orv. Hetil. 147: 7&ndash, 14. PMID 16519065.
- VIRDEN R, WATTS DC, BALDWIN E (1965). "ADENOSINE 5'-TRIPHOSPHATE-ARGININE PHOSPHOTRANSFERASE FROM LOBSTER MUSCLE: PURIFICATION AND PROPERTIES". Biochem. J. 94: 536&ndash, 44. PMID 14340045.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-70-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|