- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + an amine adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + a sulfamate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfotransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:amine N-sulfotransferase. Other names in common use include arylamine sulfotransferase, and amine N-sulfotransferase. This enzyme participates in sulfur metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Ramaswamy SG, Jakoby WB (1987). "Amine N-sulfotransferase". J. Biol. Chem. 262: 10039&ndash, 43. PMID 3475273.
- Roy, AB (1960). "The enzymic synthesis of aryl sulphamates". Biochem. J. 74: 49&ndash, 56.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-08-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|