- alpha,alpha-trehalose 6-phosphate + H2O D-glucose + D-glucose 6-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those glycosidases that hydrolyse O- and S-glycosyl compounds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is alpha,alpha-trehalose-6-phosphate phosphoglucohydrolase. This enzyme is also called phosphotrehalase. This enzyme participates in starch and sucrose metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Bhumiratana A, Anderson RL, Costilow RN (1974). "Trehalose metabolism by Bacillus popilliae". J. Bacteriol. 119: 484&ndash, 93. PMID 4369400.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 54576-93-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|