- adenylyl sulfate + H2O AMP + sulfate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on acid anhydrides in sulfonyl-containing anhydrides. The systematic name of this enzyme class is adenylyl-sulfate sulfohydrolase. Other names in common use include adenosine 5-phosphosulfate sulfohydrolase, and adenylylsulfate sulfohydrolase. This enzyme participates in sulfur metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Bailey-Wood R, Dodgson KS, Rose FA (1969). "A rat liver sulphohydrolase enzyme acting on adenylyl sulphate". Biochem. J. 112: 257&ndash, 8. PMID 5801298.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37289-36-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|