Absorption may refer to:
Chemistry and biology
- Absorption (chemistry), absorption of particles of gas or liquid in liquid or solid material
- Absorption (skin), a route by which substances can enter the body through the skin
- Absorption (pharmacokinetics), absorption of drugs in body
Physics and mechanical engineering
- Absorption (electromagnetic radiation), absorption of light or other electromagnetic radiation by a material
- Absorption (acoustics), absorption of sound waves by a material
- Dielectric absorption, a determination of how electrically permitive a material is
- Absorption refrigerator, a refrigerator that runs on surplus heat rather than electricity
- Absorption air conditioning, a type of solar air conditioning
Mathematics and economics
- Absorption law, in mathematics, an identity linking a pair of binary operations
- Absorption (economics), the total demand of an economy for goods and services both from within and without
- Adsorption, the formation of a liquid or gas film on a solid surface.
- Digestion, the uptake of substances by the gastrointestinal tract.
- Flow (psychology), a state of total mental "absorption".