- butanoyl-CoA + H2O + glyoxylate 3-ethylmalate + CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases that convert acyl groups into alkyl groups on transfer. The systematic name of this enzyme class is butanoyl-CoA:glyoxylate C-butanoyltransferase (thioester-hydrolysing, 1-carboxypropyl-forming). Other names in common use include 2-ethyl-3-hydroxybutanedioate synthase, and 3-ethylmalate glyoxylate-lyase (CoA-butanoylating). This enzyme participates in glyoxylate and dicarboxylate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- RAMASARMA T, GIRI KV (1956). "Phosphoglucose isomerase of green gram (Phaseolus radiatus)". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 62: 91&ndash, 6. PMID 13314642.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9024-01-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|