- 1-pyrroline-4-hydroxy-2-carboxylate + H2O Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 2,5-dioxopentanoate + NH3
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in cyclic amidines. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 1-pyrroline-4-hydroxy-2-carboxylate aminohydrolase (decyclizing). This enzyme is also called HPC deaminase. This enzyme participates in arginine and proline metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Singh RMM and Adams E (1965). "Enzymatic deamination of Delta1-pyrroline-4-hydroxy-2-carboxylate to 2,5-dioxovalerate (alpha-ketoglutaric semialdehyde)". J. Biol. Chem. 240: 4344–4351.
- Singh RMM and Adams E (1965). "Isolation and identification of 2,5-dioxovalerate, an intermediate in the bacterial oxidation of hydroxyproline". J. Biol. Chem. 240: 4352–4356.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9054-77-7.