- ATP + D-fructose 1-phosphate ADP + D-fructose 1,6-bisphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:D-fructose-phosphate 6-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include fructose-1-phosphate kinase, 1-phosphofructokinase (phosphorylating), D-fructose-1-phosphate kinase, fructose 1-phosphate kinase, and phosphofructokinase 1. This enzyme participates in fructose and mannose metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Reeves RE, Warren LG, Hsu DS (1966). "1-Phosphofructokinase from an anaerobe". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 1257–61. PMID 4222878.
- Sapico V, Anderson RL (1969). "D-fructose 1-phosphate kinase and D-fructose 6-phosphate kinase from Aerobacter aerogenes. A comparative study of regulatory properties". J. Biol. Chem. 244: 6280–8. PMID 4242639.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37278-03-8.