- ATP + 1-phosphatidyl-1D-myo-inositol 5-phosphate ADP + 1-phosphatidyl-1D-myo-inositol 4,5-bisphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:1-phosphatidyl-1D-myo-inositol-5-phosphate 4-phosphotransferase. This enzyme is also called type II PIP kinase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: inositol phosphate metabolism, phosphatidylinositol signaling system, and regulation of actin cytoskeleton.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Rameh LE, Tolias KF, Duckworth BC, Cantley LC (1997). "A new pathway for synthesis of phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate". Nature. 390: 192–6. PMID 9367159.