- ATP + 1-phosphatidyl-1D-myo-inositol 3-phosphate ADP + 1-phosphatidyl-1D-myo-inositol 3,5-bisphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:1-phosphatidyl-1D-myo-inositol-3-phosphate 5-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include type III PIP kinase, and phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate 5-kinase. This enzyme participates in phosphatidylinositol signaling system and regulation of actin cytoskeleton.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- RH, Parker PJ (1998). "The stress-activated phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate 5-kinase Fab1p is essential for vacuole function in S. cerevisiae". Curr. Biol. 8: 1219–22. PMID 9811604.