- 1-hydroxy-2-naphthoate + O2 Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons (3Z)-4-(2-carboxyphenyl)-2-oxobut-3-enoate
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on single donors with O2 as oxidant and incorporation of two atoms of oxygen into the substrate (oxygenases). The oxygen incorporated need not be derived from O2. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 1-hydroxy-2-naphthoate:oxygen 1,2-oxidoreductase (decyclizing). Other names in common use include 1-hydroxy-2-naphthoate dioxygenase, 1-hydroxy-2-naphthoate-degrading enzyme, and 1-hydroxy-2-naphthoic acid dioxygenase. This enzyme participates in naphthalene and anthracene degradation. It employs one cofactor, iron.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Barnsley EA (1983). "Phthalate pathway of phenanthrene metabolism: formation of 2'-carboxybenzalpyruvate". J. Bacteriol. 154: 113–7. PMID 6833175.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 85941-64-6.