- pyruvate + D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate + CO2
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring aldehyde or ketonic groups (transaldolases and transketolases, respectively). The systematic name of this enzyme class is pyruvate:D-glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate acetaldehydetransferase (decarboxylating). Other names in common use include 1-deoxy-D-xylulose-5-phosphate pyruvate-lyase (carboxylating), and DXP-synthase. This enzyme participates in biosynthesis of steroids.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- SV, Begley TP, Bringer-Meyer S, Sahm H (1997). "Identification of a thiamin-dependent synthase in Escherichia coli required for the formation of the 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate precursor to isoprenoids, thiamin, and pyridoxol". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 94: 12857–62. PMID 9371765.
- Kuzuyama T, Takagi M, Takahashi S, Seto H (2000). "Cloning and characterization of 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate synthase from Streptomyces sp. Strain CL190, which uses both the mevalonate and nonmevalonate pathways for isopentenyl diphosphate biosynthesis". J. Bacteriol. 182: 891–7. PMID 10648511.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 202218-79-9.