- S-adenosyl-L-methionine Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate + methylthioadenosine
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically carbon-sulfur lyases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine methylthioadenosine-lyase (1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate-forming). Other names in common use include 1-aminocyclopropanecarboxylate synthase, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid synthase, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthetase, aminocyclopropanecarboxylic acid synthase, aminocyclopropanecarboxylate synthase, ACC synthase, and S-adenosyl-L-methionine methylthioadenosine-lyase. This enzyme participates in propanoate metabolism. It employs one cofactor, pyridoxal phosphate.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Boller T, Herner RC and Kende H (1979). "Assay for and enzymatic formation of an ethylene precursor, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid". Planta. 145: 293–303.
- Yu YB, Adams DO, Yang SF (1979). "1-Aminocyclopropanecarboxylate synthase, a key enzyme in ethylene biosynthesis". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 198: 280–6. PMID 507845.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 72506-68-4.