- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate + H2O 2-oxobutanoate + NH3
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in compounds that have not been otherwise categorized within EC number 3.5. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate aminohydrolase (isomerizing). This enzyme is also called 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate endolyase (deaminating). This enzyme participates in propanoate metabolism. It employs one cofactor, pyridoxal phosphate.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Honma M and Shimomura T (1978). "Metabolism of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid". Agric. Biol. Chem. 42: 1825–1831.
- Wakatsuki S, Yokoi D, Murakami T, Honma M and Tanaka I (2000). "Crystal structure of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate deaminase from Hansenula saturnus". J. Biol. Chem. 275: 34557–34565.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 69553-48-6.