- acetyl-CoA + 1-alkyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons CoA + 2-acetyl-1-alkyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acetyl-CoA:1-alkyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine 2-O-acetyltransferase. Other names in common use include acetyl-CoA:1-alkyl-2-lyso-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, 2-O-acetyltransferase, acetyl-CoA:lyso-PAF acetyltransferase, 1-alkyl-2-lysolecithin acetyltransferase, acyl-CoA:1-alkyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine acyltransferase, blood platelet-activating factor acetyltransferase, lyso-GPC:acetyl CoA acetyltransferase, lyso-platelet activating factor:acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase, lysoPAF:acetyl CoA acetyltransferase, PAF acetyltransferase, platelet-activating factor acylhydrolase, platelet-activating factor-synthesizing enzyme, 1-alkyl-2-lyso-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine acetyltransferase, and lyso-platelet-activating factor:acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase. This enzyme participates in ether lipid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Wykle RL, Malone B, Snyder F (1980). "Enzymatic synthesis of 1-alkyl-2-acetyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, a hypotensive and platelet-aggregating lipid". J. Biol. Chem. 255: 10256–60. PMID 7430122.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 76773-96-1.