- 1-alkyl-2-acetyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine + H2O Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 1-alkyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine + acetate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on carboxylic ester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 1-alkyl-2-acetyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine acetohydrolase. Other names in common use include 1-alkyl-2-acetyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine acetylhydrolase, and alkylacetyl-GPC:acetylhydrolase. This enzyme participates in ether lipid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Blank ML, Lee T, Fitzgerald V, Snyder F (1981). "A specific acetylhydrolase for 1-alkyl-2-acetyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (a hypotensive and platelet-activating lipid)". J. Biol. Chem. 256: 175–8. PMID 7451433.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 76901-00-3.