- acyl-CoA + 1-acyl-sn-glycerol 3-phosphate CoA + 1,2-diacyl-sn-glycerol 3-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acyl-CoA:1-acyl-sn-glycerol-3-phosphate 2-O-acyltransferase. Other names in common use include 1-acyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphate acyltransferase, 1-acyl-sn-glycerol 3-phosphate acyltransferase, 1-acylglycero-3-phosphate acyltransferase, 1-acylglycerolphosphate acyltransferase, 1-acylglycerophosphate acyltransferase, and lysophosphatidic acid-acyltransferase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: glycerolipid metabolism, glycerophospholipid metabolism, and ether lipid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Frentzen M, Heinz E, McKeon TA, Stumpf PK (1983). "Specificities and selectivities of glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase and monoacylglycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase from pea and spinach chloroplasts". Eur. J. Biochem. 129: 629&ndash, 36. PMID 6825679.
- Hill EE, Lands WE (1968). "Incorporation of long-chain and polyunsaturated acids into phosphatidate and phosphatidylcholine". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 152: 645&ndash, 8. PMID 5661029.
- Yamashita S, Hosaka K, Numa S (1973). "Acyl-donor specificities of partially purified 1-acylglycerophosphate acyltransferase, 2-acylglycerophosphate acyltransferase and 1-acylglycerophosphorylcholine acyltransferase from rat-liver microsomes". Eur. J. Biochem. 38: 25&ndash, 31. PMID 4774123.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 51901-16-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|