- (1R,6R)-1,6-dihydroxycyclohexa-2,4-diene-1-carboxylate + NAD+ catechol + CO2 + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (1R,6R)-1,6-dihydroxycyclohexa-2,4-diene-1-carboxylate:NAD+ oxidoreductase (decarboxylating). Other names in common use include 3,5-cyclohexadiene-1,2-diol-1-carboxylate dehydrogenase, 3,5-cyclohexadiene-1,2-diol-1-carboxylic acid dehydrogenase, dihydrodihydroxybenzoate dehydrogenase, DHBDH, cis-1,2-dihydroxycyclohexa-3,5-diene-1-carboxylate dehydrogenase, 2-hydro-1,2-dihydroxybenzoate dehydrogenase, cis-1,2-dihydroxycyclohexa-3,5-diene-1-carboxylate:NAD+, oxidoreductase, and dihydrodihydroxybenzoate dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in benzoate degradation via hydroxylation and benzoate degradation via coa ligation.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Reiner AM (1972). "Metabolism of aromatic compounds in bacteria. Purification and properties of the catechol-forming enzyme, 3,5-cyclohexadiene-1,2-diol-1-carboxylic acid (NAD + ) oxidoreductase (decarboxylating)". J. Biol. Chem. 247: 4960–5. PMID 4341530.
- Neidle E, Hartnett C, Ornston LN, Bairoch A, Rekik M, Harayama S (1992). "cis-diol dehydrogenases encoded by the TOL pWW0 plasmid xylL gene and the Acinetobacter calcoaceticus chromosomal benD gene are members of the short-chain alcohol dehydrogenase superfamily". Eur. J. Biochem. 204: 113–20. PMID 1740120.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 60496-16-4.