- Hydrolysis of 1,6-linkages between alpha-L-fucose and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine in glycopeptides such as immunoglobulin G glycopeptide and fucosyl-asialo-agalacto-fetuin
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those glycosidases that hydrolyse O- and S-glycosyl compounds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 1,6-L-fucosyl-N-acetyl-D-glucosaminylglycopeptide fucohydrolase. This enzyme is also called alpha-L-fucosidase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Yazawa S, Madiyalakan R, Chawda RP, Matta KL (1986). "alpha-L-fucosidase from aspergillus niger: demonstration of a novel alpha-L-(1----6)-fucosidase acting on glycopeptides". Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 136: 563–9. PMID 2423086.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 102925-35-9.