1,5-anhydro-D-fructose reductase (1,5-anhydro-D-mannitol-forming)
- 1,5-anhydro-D-mannitol + NADP+ 1,5-anhydro-D-fructose + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 1,5-anhydro-D-mannitol:NADP+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 1,5-anhydro-D-fructose reductase (ambiguous), and AFR.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.112
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.1682 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.1242
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.1992
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.522
- Kuhn A, Yu S, Giffhorn F (2006). "Catabolism of 1,5-anhydro-D-fructose in Sinorhizobium morelense S-30.7.5: discovery, characterization, and overexpression of a new 1,5-anhydro-D-fructose reductase and its application in sugar analysis and rare sugar synthesis". Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 72: 1248–57. PMID 16461673.
- Dambe TR, Kuhn AM, Brossette T, Giffhorn F, Scheidig AJ (2006). "Crystal structure of NADP(H)-dependent 1,5-anhydro-D-fructose reductase from Sinorhizobium morelense at 2.2 A resolution: construction of a NADH-accepting mutant and its application in rare sugar synthesis". Biochemistry. 45: 10030–42. PMID 16906761.