- UDP-D-xylose + (1,4-beta-D-xylan)n Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons UDP + (1,4-beta-D-xylan)n+1
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the pentosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-D-xylose:1,4-beta-D-xylan 4-beta-D-xylosyltransferase. Other names in common use include uridine diphosphoxylose-1,4-beta-xylan xylosyltransferase, 1,4-beta-xylan synthase, xylan synthase, and xylan synthetase. This enzyme participates in starch and sucrose metabolism and nucleotide sugars metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Bailey RW and Hassid WZ (1966). "Xylan synthesis from uridine-diphosphate-D-xylose by particulate preparations from immature corncobs". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 56: 1586–1593.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37277-73-9.