- propane-1,3-diol + NAD+ 3-hydroxypropanal + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is propane-1,3-diol:NAD+ 1-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde reductase, 1,3-PD:NAD+ oxidoreductase, 1,3-propanediol:NAD+ oxidoreductase, and 1,3-propanediol dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in ether lipid metabolism as a step in glycerolipid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- ABELES RH, BROWNSTEIN AM, RANDLES CH (1960). "beta-Hydroxypropionaldehyde, an intermediate in the formation of 1,3-propanediol by Aerobacter aerogenes". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 41: 530–1. PMID 13791444.
- Forage RG, Foster MA (1982). "Glycerol fermentation in Klebsiella pneumoniae: functions of the coenzyme B12-dependent glycerol and diol dehydratases". J. Bacteriol. 149: 413–9. PMID 7035429.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 81611-70-3.