- propane-1,3-diol + NAD+ Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 3-hydroxypropanal + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is propane-1,3-diol:NAD+ 1-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde reductase, 1,3-PD:NAD+ oxidoreductase, 1,3-propanediol:NAD+ oxidoreductase, and 1,3-propanediol dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in ether lipid metabolism as a step in glycerolipid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- ABELES RH, BROWNSTEIN AM, RANDLES CH (1960). "beta-Hydroxypropionaldehyde, an intermediate in the formation of 1,3-propanediol by Aerobacter aerogenes". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 41: 530–1. PMID 13791444.
- Forage RG, Foster MA (1982). "Glycerol fermentation in Klebsiella pneumoniae: functions of the coenzyme B12-dependent glycerol and diol dehydratases". J. Bacteriol. 149: 413–9. PMID 7035429.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 81611-70-3.