- 1,2-dihydroxy-6-methylcyclohexa-3,5-dienecarboxylate + NAD+ 3-methylcatechol + NADH + CO2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 1,2-dihydroxy-6-methylcyclohexa-3,5-dienecarboxylate:NAD+ oxidoreductase (decarboxylating). This enzyme participates in toluene and xylene degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Higson FK, Focht DD (1992). "Degradation of 2-methylbenzoic acid by Pseudomonas cepacia MB2". Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 58: 194–200. PMID 1371658.