- 17-O-acetylnorajmaline + NADP+ 1,2-dihydrovomilenine + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 17-O-acetylnorajmaline:NADP+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in indole and ipecac alkaloid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Gao S, von Schumann G, Stockigt J (2002). "A newly-detected reductase from Rauvolfia closes a gap in the biosynthesis of the antiarrhythmic alkaloid ajmaline". Planta. Med. 68: 906–11. PMID 12391554.