- methyl-2-alpha-L-fucopyranosyl-beta-D-galactoside + H2O Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons L-fucose + methyl beta-D-galactoside
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those glycosidases that hydrolyse O- and S-glycosyl compounds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-alpha-L-fucopyranosyl-beta-D-galactoside fucohydrolase. Other names in common use include almond emulsin fucosidase, and alpha-(1->2)-L-fucosidase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Bahl OP (1970). "Glycosidases of aspergillus niger. II. Purification and general properties of 1,2-alpha-L-fucosidase". J. Biol. Chem. 245: 299–304. PMID 5460888.
- Ogata-Arakawa M, Muramatsu T, Kobata A (1977). "alpha-L-fucosidases from almond emulsin: characterization of the two enzymes with different specificities". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 181: 353–8. PMID 18111.
- Reglero A, Cabezas JA (1976). "Glycosidases of molluscs. Purification and properties of alpha-L-fucosidase from Chamelea gallina L". Eur. J. Biochem. 66: 379–87. PMID 7458.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37288-45-2.