(tyrosine 3-monooxygenase) kinase
- ATP + [tyrosine-3-monooxygenase] ADP + phospho-[tyrosine-3-monooxygenase]
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring a phosphate group to the sidechain oxygen atom of serine or threonine residues in proteins (protein-serine/threonine kinases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:[tyrosine-3-monoxygenase] phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include pheochromocytoma tyrosine hydroxylase-associated kinase, STK4, and tyrosine 3-monooxygenase kinase (phosphorylating). This enzyme participates in mapk signaling pathway and non-small cell lung cancer.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Pigeon D, Drissi-Daoudi R, Gros F, Thibault J (1986). "[Copurification of tyrosine hydroxylase from rat pheochromocytoma by protein kinase]". C. R. Acad. Sci. III. 302: 435–8. PMID 2872947.
- Pigeon D, Ferrara P, Gros F, Thibault J (1987). "Rat pheochromocytoma tyrosine hydroxylase is phosphorylated on serine 40 by an associated protein kinase". J. Biol. Chem. 262: 6155–8. PMID 2883182.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 103537-12-8.