(ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase)-lysine N-methyltransferase
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + [ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase]-lysine S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + [ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase]-N6-methyl-L-lysine
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are S-adenosyl methionine and [[[ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase]-lysine]], whereas its two products are S-adenosylhomocysteine and [[[ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase]-N6-methyl-L-lysine]].
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:[3-phospho-D-glycerate-carboxy-lyase (dimerizing)]-lysine N6-methyltransferase. Other names in common use include rubisco methyltransferase, ribulose-bisphosphate-carboxylase/oxygenase N-methyltransferase, ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase large subunit, epsilonN-methyltransferase, S-adenosyl-L-methionine:[3-phospho-D-glycerate-carboxy-lyase, and (dimerizing)]-lysine 6-N-methyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Wang P, Royer M, Houtz RL (1995). "Affinity purification of ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase large subunit epsilon N-methyltransferase". Protein. Expr. Purif. 6: 528–36. PMID 8527940.
- Ying Z, Janney N, Houtz RL (1996). "Organization and characterization of the ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase large subunit epsilon N-methyltransferase gene in tobacco". Plant. Mol. Biol. 32: 663–71. PMID 8980518.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 139171-98-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0030785: [ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase-lysine N-methyltransferase]
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0030785: [ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase-lysine N-methyltransferase]