- UTP + [protein-PII] diphosphate + uridylyl-[protein-PII]
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing nucleotide groups (nucleotidyltransferases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is UTP:[protein-PII] uridylyltransferase. Other names in common use include PII uridylyl-transferase, and uridyl removing enzyme. This enzyme participates in two-component system - general.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Garcia E, Rhee SG (1983). "Cascade control of Escherichia coli glutamine synthetase Purification and properties of PII uridylyltransferase and uridylyl-removing enzyme". J. Biol. Chem. 258: 2246–53. PMID 6130097.
- van Heeswijk WC, Rabenberg M, Westerhoff HV, Kahn D (1993). "The genes of the glutamine synthetase adenylylation cascade are not regulated by nitrogen in Escherichia coli". Mol. Microbiol. 9: 443–57. PMID 8412694.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 57657-57-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0008773: [protein-PII uridylyltransferase]
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0008773: [protein-PII uridylyltransferase]